Prepared for: Talbot Fashions LLP
Approved on date: 9th May 2018
Effective from: 24th May 2018
Review date: 24th May 2019
Talbot Fashions LLP may gather and use certain personal information about individuals during the course of its business operations. Personal information may be used from customers, suppliers, business contacts, employees and other people the Company has a relationship with or may need to contact.
This policy is in line with the Data Protection Act 1998, and the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) effective 25th May 2018.
We may change and update our policies from time to time to ensure we remain compliant and up to date.
INFORMATION ABOUT OUR CUSTOMERS
"Personal Information" is information that identifies you as a living individual, including but not exclusive to; name, postal address, email address, telephone number, website URL(s), payment details, IP address.
For us to provide the requested services to you we may need to collect and process Personal Information. We may also need to do so for legal reasons. If you do not provide the information that we request, we may not be able to provide you with the requested services.
- We will only collect and use your information where we have legitimate and lawful reasons for doing so.
- We will be transparent in our dealings with you and tell you how we will use your information.
- If we collect your information for a particular purpose, we will only use it for that purpose.
- We won’t ask for more information than we need for the purposes for which we’re collecting it.
- We will update our records when you tell us that your details have changed.
- We will periodically review your personal information to ensure we don’t keep it for longer than is necessary.
- We will ensure that your information is securely disposed of at the end of the appropriate retention period.
- We will observe your rights under applicable privacy and data protection laws and will ensure that queries relating to privacy issues are dealt with promptly and transparently.
- We will train our staff on their privacy obligations.
- We will ensure we have appropriate physical and technological security measures to protect your information regardless of where it is held.
HOW WE COLLECT PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may collect personal information about you in the following ways:
- When you apply to us about our products
- When you talk to us on the phone or in any face to face communications
- When you use our websites or social media apps
- In emails and letters
We will ensure that you are aware of any information that we collect on you and the purpose for which we do so.
USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We use Personal Information for our legitimate business interests, including the following:
- To respond to your enquiries, fulfil your requests and provide you with related customer services
- To manage your account and provide invoices for work carried out.
- To contact you about relevant product offers, updates and information
- To develop and carry out marketing activities
- We will only disclose your personal data to third party companies insofar as is necessary for the purpose of our legitimate business interest.
- To make and manage customer payments
OTHER INFORMATION WE COLLECT
"Other Information" is any information that does not reveal your specific identity or does not directly relate to an identifiable individual, such as:
- Browser and device information
- Information collected through cookies, pixel tags and other technologies
RETAINING AND DELETING PERSONAL DATA
Personal data that we process for any purpose shall not be kept for longer than is necessary.
We will keep your personal data for the duration that you are a customer with us, keeping this data secure and accurate throughout this time.
Payment details will not be retained. Credit card details are taken for the purpose of the single transaction and are destroyed immediately afterwards.
After you stop being a customer with us we may keep your data for the purpose of responding to any questions or complaints and to demonstrate that we treated you fairly during this time. During this time, we will store your data securely, and when we will delete your data we will do this in a secure way.
Talbot Fashions LLP will not rent or sell potentially personally-identifying information to anyone and will only disclose this information for legal reasons and if required by law.
MARKETING & COMMUNICATION
We want to keep customers up to date with company news, offers and updates. We will ask you first before sending you marketing emails and require you to confirm through opting in if you would like to receive these before we send them. If you do confirm that you would like to receive company news, offers, updates or invites from us you can still change your mind at any time by unsubscribing via the link included within our communications.
We are committed to only contacting you where we feel we have a legitimate reason to do so. We will not bombard you with emails or phone calls.
We may still send you important administrative messages (these include accounting emails) which you cannot opt out of. We may also send direct emails via third parties, regarding legitimate business interests in order to respond to your enquiries, fulfil your requests and provide you with related customer services.
In addition, we are not responsible for the information collection, use, disclosure or security policies or practices of other organisations, such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, LinkedIn, Apple, Google, Microsoft, RIM or any other developer or social media platform provider, with respect to any Personal Information you disclose to other organisations through or in connection with our Social Media Pages.
We seek to use reasonable organisational, technical and administrative measures designed to protect Personal Information within our organisation. Unfortunately, no data transmission or storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure, then you must contact us immediately.
HOW YOU CAN ACCESS, CHANGE OR WITHDRAW CONSENT
If you would like to review, correct, update, or delete Personal Information that you have previously provided to us, you may make this request by email to the Managing Director. You may request to make any changes or delete your data at any time.
For your protection, we will only implement requests with respect to the Personal Information associated with the particular email address that you use to send us your request, and we may need to verify your identity before implementing your request. We will comply with your request as soon as reasonably practicable. Should you wish to opt out of our emails at any time please click the unsubscribe link at the footer of the email and your email address will be removed. Please note this may take up to 48 hours to process.
Please note that we may need to retain certain information for recordkeeping purposes and/or to complete any transactions that you began prior to requesting a change or deletion. There may also be residual information that will remain within our databases and other records, which will not be removed unless asked to do so.
If you have any specific concerns about the way we handle your personal data, you can contact the ICO or raise a complaint.
SENSITIVE INFORMATION DISCLOSURE
We ask that you not send us, and you not disclose, any sensitive Personal Information (e.g. information related to racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religion or other beliefs, health, biometrics or genetic characteristics, criminal background or trade union membership) to us.
HOW TO CONTACT US
If you have any questions or queries about this policy or data protection you can email us at email@example.com or contact us via telephone.